If you find yourself craving a refreshing beverage full of flavor, incredible creativity, and simple ingredients that are easy to find, look no further than the michelada. Also known as a chelada, this beer cocktail originates from Mexico. It has quickly spread across the border, taking mixology to a new level. Starting with a basic recipe of lager, salt, and lime juice. Cheladas are the perfect beverage to customize based on your upcoming festivities and variety of tastes.
Zesty, Fresh, and Spicy Chelada Recipes
Armed with a well-planned assortment and variety of tastes, the following eight recipes are variations worth trying:
- Cilantro and Lime: The freshness of cilantro makes a lovely companion to the bright notes of lime in this light and colorful adaptation. Blended with a juicy mix of spice and seasoning, all you need is a crisp beer to complete the scene.
- Smoky Popsicles: After a day of working under the sun, there is nothing like a cold beer or popsicle to cool you down. In this recipe, you can enjoy both, with spicy chelada mix and lime frozen to shape. Pop the treat in your mug of ale and let it dissolve into a tasty reward.
- Dark and Spicy: You do not always need to go with a light beer. For those who favor a porter or stout, try adding some smoked chipotles to the pint glass along with a squeeze of lime. Traveling to the dark side has never tasted better.
- Sriracha and Bacon: Salt and heat come together beautifully with the addition of bacon and intense sriracha. With an extra touch of tangy sweetness, this chelada is like breakfast, lunch and dinner all served up in an icy glass.
- Pineapple and Tequila: Enjoy a tropical fiesta with the exotic combination of pineapple and white tequila. Requiring a peppery foundation and an unusual blend of ginger and spices, this cocktail is a mixologist’s dream.
- Red Michelada: Like a gorgeous sunset, the colors in this libation come from a skilled separation of tomato and orange. Added to a cold light beer, the mixture’s robust heat and energizing citrus flavors taste as inspiring as they look.
- Con Camarones: Make your chelada into an appetizer with luscious shrimp and chile rimming a chilled glass. Add a little orange juice and lime to the spicy blend, for a cocktail that gets everyone in the mood for an outdoor barbecue or seafood taco night.
- Tequila and Sangrita: Fruity, tart, spicy and sweet, this version has it all. The rich flavor of grenadine is lightened with lime and orange, all united with the amplifying effect of white tequila. After slowly pouring a light beer into the mix, you get a lovely essence of each ingredient with every sip.
Try Our Mambo Chelada Mix Today
With so many variations to try, there is no time like the present to begin experimenting and exploring. The best way to start is with a solid foundation such as Mambo Chelada Mix. Based on a perfect blend of carefully selected spices, this spicy chelada mix gives you consistent flavor and result every time.
Whether you need a single bottle, a six-pack, or an entire case, Mambo Chelada Mix will be your new best friend. Pick some up today, grab your favorite beer, and make it a cocktail hour to remember.